Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette: Swatches and Review

03:32


I've heard people raving about this palette for over a year and I can't believe it's taken me this long to try it. The palette consists of 16 eye shadows, which are mainly warm toned neutral shades and there are both shimmer and matte shadows. What I love about this palette is how versatile it is and how many looks you can get out of it; whether it's a neutral everyday look or a sultry evening look, the possibilities are endless.

Left To Right: Glided Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Salted Caramel, Marizpan, Semi Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto, Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle

I love the variety of shades in this palette! most of them are browns with the occasional pop of colour eg. Strawberry Bon Bon and Candied Violet. I do like the matte shades, but what I really adored was the shimmer shades. I find the shimmer shades to be very highly pigmented and they all look so beautiful on the eye.
Left To Right: Glided Ganache, White Chocolae, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi Sweet
Left To Right: Marzipan, Semi Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto, Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle
The swatches above are only from one swipe from my finger and as you can see they are quite pigmented. Some of them didn't show up as well on camera or on my skin, but I've found that with a brush they all show up quite nicely. I do find that I have to build up some lighter matte shades like Salted Caramel and White Chocolate quite a bit during application, but other than that the others apply very finely. They are very soft, which is something I love for a quick everyday eye look and they're also incredibly easy to blend. I use the shadows on top of my Urban Decay Primer Potion and I feel that using a primer does make the colours pop a lot more, but you can use them without a primer. As well as this, I also like to use the shimmer shades on top of my Maybelline Colour Tattoos and I find that this also makes the shimmer shades pop a lot more, but again you can easily use the shades on their own. The shadows stayed on my eyes for a whole day with slight creasing, but other than that they looked flawless!


Overall, I would definitely recommend this palette, especially for us darker/tanned skin girls because the warm toned neutrals compliment our skin tone so much! Some of my favourite shades from this palette are Creme Brulee, Marzipan, Semi Sweet and Hazelnut, which I love using in both everyday and evening looks. Champagne Truffle is also a gorgeous highlight! This palette retails for £45 on FeelUnique and £39 on Debenhams and although it is a bit pricey, I highly recommend it!

Rating: 4.5/5
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14347467/?claim=84sg3azzmf4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hey just found your blog and wanted to leave you a comment so you know. I am looking forward to seeing new posts from you. Keep hold of the motivation!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Flickr Images